- Introduction: Vacation Run to Santiago, Chile
- Review: American Airlines First Class – DFW to Santiago – 777-200
- Review: Grand Hyatt Santiago – Executive Suite with Terrace – the Shakespeare Suite
- Enjoying some of the must do’s of Chile
- Review: American Airlines First Class – Santiago to DFW – 777-200
- Conclusion: Vacation Run to Santiago, Chile
Usually when I do vacation runs, they are a little longer. This one was especially brief, due to the time of the year. Overall though, the trip met its requirement. That was, to get my wife nearly enough miles to requalify for Executive Platinum (she has since qualified).
As far as my costs? I burned 62,500 miles each way. In hindsight, it was probably a bit wasteful, and had we been flying the 777-300ER, I would have just booked a business class award. My wife on the other hand booked a revenue ticket, using vouchers, and burned a Systemwide Upgrade (SWU) to join me in First Class. As far as the hotel, we burned points for one night, and the second night paid the going rate, which translated to ~$225 USD.
Overall, we enjoyed seeing Santiago in a rather brief visit. In hindsight, I do wish we had made it to Valparaiso, as it does look gorgeous, as a friend of ours, Lubos shared. But, the trip certainly left us with enough of a taste of Santiago, to want to return.