The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know!
Black Friday Deals:
- Mommy Points is keeping an updated post with Travel related Black Friday Deals. Worth checking back on, so far the most interested one I’m seeing is 20% bonus on Fairmont hotels gift cards.
- Ed Pizzarello highlights some good Black Friday deals at Amazon. Not really opportunities to resell, but I picked up an Echo for myself, figured, why not give it a try.
- Also, if you had your heart set on a doorbuster deal from a brick and mortar store, Trent reminds us, check to see if Amazon has matched it. They’ve matched a ton!
Amazon today has price-matched a sampling of 29 out of 30 “doorbuster” skus across 4 sites .@OrensMoneySaver
— Trent Swanson (@trentswanson) November 27, 2015
- The First Boeing 757 landed on a Blue-Ice Runway in Antarctica – Seems like this could bring the ability to get to Antarctica closer..!
- From Vinh (and one I found from the below Chasing the Points post), using the AMEX Platinum Concierge for travel planning. Incredible! Get the most out of your $450 annual fee!
Miles and Points:
- Scott asks: Are airlines becoming more reliant on selling miles? Sure seems like it!
- Air Canada’s Altitude frequent flyer program ties status to spend… I dare say that the Altitude has Attitude!
- Tahsir shares a different view on manufactured spending and leveraging the $20 off $300 Office Max Visa Gift Card deal.
- Chasing the Points offers that you should design a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) Analysis to identify your core competencies. Some of the things he’s found are pretty Weltnschauung changing, at least to me.
Tagging Miles Posts of the Week:
- How Much Do You Try To Dress Like a Local When You Travel?
- Beginner’s Guide to Fulfillment By Amazon: Amazon Seller App Part Deux
- Belated Happy Thanksgiving, and because ya’ll rock so much, I included some tools and tips for Black Friday! Including a Kohls Discount code!