Airtran’s reward program A+ sent out a note updating members on the integration of Airtran and Southwest.
As you probably know already, Airtran will cease to exist by the end of the year. Ok, down to brass tacks – Here’s what to expect straight from Airtran/Southwest:
Between now and November 1, 2014…
- October 14 will be the last day to update your contact information in your A+ Rewards account. If you have a need to update your account information after that date so it matches your secure flight information, please call 1-800-AIR-TRAN between the hours of7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Existing A+ Rewards Credits can be redeemed for AirTran flights with all travel completed by November 1, 2014.
- Available A+ Rewards Credits can be transferred into Rapid Rewards credits.
Beginning November 2, 2014…
- The A+ Rewards Program will have ended, and we will begin the process of automatically transferring your A+ Rewards activity into your Rapid Rewards account. If you are not a Rapid Rewards Member, a Rapid Rewards account will be created for you.
- Any unused, active A+ Rewards Credits will automatically be converted into Rapid Rewards Points at a ratio of 1 A+ Rewards Credit = 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points. The conversion process will take a couple of weeks and you may not be able to access your A+ Rewards activity during this time.
- You will receive a communication from Rapid Rewards when your A+ Rewards Credits have been converted. This communication will contain your new Rapid Rewards account number if you were not already a Member.
- The Rapid Rewards Points you receive carry all the benefits of our industry-leading loyalty program; there are no blackout dates, every seat is an award seat, and your points don’t expire*.
So what does this all mean? First off: Update your contact information for your A+ Rewards Account (if you have one), Don’t Wait. Between now and November 1st you may still be able to do this. Full disclosure: I haven’t tried it. Remember, if you want to try this, travel must be complete by 1 November. Second: November 2nd A+ Rewards goes away, poof, gone. Don’t worry, any remaining credits will be transferred to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account.