The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
- The Kremlin might be spoofing GPS, making many devices think that it is Vnukovo Airport (which is roughly 30 kilometers away). It’s not clear why, but, if you’re using your phone for navigation around the Kremlin, beware.
- Earlier this week, one of Washington Dulles’ mobile lounges found a rather large pothole (I joke – it was a construction trench), getting stuck. It’d be all laughs if two folks weren’t hospitalized as a result.
- Gary Leff, via Matthew Klint report rumors of Hyatt’s Gold Passport changes. I for one am not liking the changes. I’ve enjoyed the ability to qualify for top tier status via 25 stays vice 55 nights. I used to qualify for Marriott Platinum via nights, and it certainly got a bit much, at 75. This could also be an indication, that Hyatt, seeing the SPG-Marriott Merger, thinks the “qualify on stays” approach is going away.
- Greg the Frequent Miler shares what Richard Branson thinks about the Miles and Points hobby. Of course the price for a week at Necker Island is soon to go above the 1.2M miles that Greg paid.
Miles and Points:
- Drew, of the infamous (or famous?) Travel is Free is back at it, with hacks for United’s new routing and stopover rules. Book mark this one!
- Delta Airlines makes their fourth no-notice devaluation of the year. I know some folks are big fans of Delta, but, jeez, how can you keep going?
- Doctor of Credit reports that Chase has changed its annual fee refund policy.
- Joe observes an annoying quirk about Barclay Arrival redemptions.
- I know many have been able to “wash” or “recycle” Kohls cash in the past. It is looking like that time may be over.
- Ever want to fly in a 787 simulator? Jason Rabinowitz recently got the chance. Here is his experience.
- Qantas released their new livery for their Flagship 787 aircraft, check it out:
- Is Elite Status becoming Unobtainium for frequent leisure travelers?
- Delta Airlines 20 Minute Guarantee works even when you don’t pay to check a bag!
- Westin Playa Conchal, Costa Rica: Dining