Author’s note: On Tuesday, 8 November, the US elected a new president (in reality, the result was announced in the early hours of 9 November). It happened. I have an opinion, I hope everyone has an opinion. Apathy has no place in democracy. That said, a good friend once shared with me that having a single theme or voice for a blog provides a better reader experience. I agree with that. TaggingMiles is first and foremost a Mile and Point blog, covering the gambit from Travel to Reselling, but anchored in Miles and Points. I hope that this has been and will continue to be a brief respite for our awesome readers.
- Free Stopover and Qatar Transit Visa on Qatar Airways – I sure wish this was around last year, when I was flying back and forth through Doha.
- More rumors on the Alaska-Virgin America merger.
- A first hand look at DC’s new Trump Hotel.
- Gideon of FQF shares the taxonomy of travel hackers… I think this may have been the first time I’ve ever been called a Hobbyist… but I can’t necessarily disagree with his assessment based on his definition.
- Matt tried to quit reselling, and realized that there’s another way to play the game. He has excellent insights, that I think are important for resellers, observers, and folks thinking about entering.
- Just in time for the holiday season, Dia has put together a gift discounted gift card promotion wiki. There’s lots of good deals identified, and Dia will be updating it as new deals become available. This is one to bookmark!
Miles and Points:
- Dia wrapped up her 5th Family Travel 4 Real Life (FT4RL) – here are her thoughts. I missed it, but everything I have heard has been exceptionally positive. I’d definitely recommend you keep an eye out for when she announces FT4RL6!