- Introduction: A Last Minute Singapore F1 Weekend
- Review: British Airways Terraces Lounge – Boston Logan Airport
- Review: Cathay Pacific Boston to Hong Kong – Business Class – 777-300ER
- Review: Cathay Pacific “The Wing” Lounge – Hong Kong International Airport
- Review: Cathay Pacific Hong Kong to Singapore – Business Class – A330
- Review: W Singapore – Sentosa Cove
- Exploring Sentosa Island
- Review: Marriott Singapore Tang Plaza
- Wandering Singapore before and after the Singapore Formula 1 Night Grand Prix
- Review: Skyview Lounge – Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 1
- Review: Cathay Pacific Singapore to Hong Kong – Business Class – A330
- Review: Cathay Pacific Hong Kong to Chicago – First Class – 777-300ER
- Conclusion: Last Minute Singapore F1 Weekend
We had a couple hour layover, arriving into Hong Kong around 5am local time. We passed through transit security, and made our way to business class “The Wing” lounge, which is on the same level as the gates, only to be told that we would be more comfortable going to the first class area, which required a bit of backtracking and a short escalator ride up. We were quite happy to have taken their advice:
We made it to the first class area of “The Wing” to be welcomed, and took a look around.
First there was the Champagne Bar:
There’s a small business center, with a couple of iMacs and a printer as you continue walking into the lounge.
Then a larger seating area, with a reasonably sized bar:
Walking to the left of the bar, there are restrooms, then a small dining area, with either buffet or a la carte options.
We had a light meal in the dining area, then moved to the bar area for a more comfortable seat, to check e-mail and twitter. The staff were quite attentive, offering frequent refills.
I will note, that a portion of the lounge is closed for renovation. Another note, is that like many of the lounges in Hong Kong, this is an open air lounge, with direct view down to the gate area (its over gates 1-3, roughly).
Before long, it was time for a brief walk to gate 18, for our flight to Singapore..