The Weekly News Roundup is a collection of headlines from around the internet that caught the attention of the Tagging Miles team. Content on these blogs do not necessarily reflect the positions of Tagging Miles, and should not be considered endorsements. Have a great story we should read? Contact us now and let us know.
- Stefan shares his Wedding Anniversary experience in Narita. It’s sweet, it’s romantic, but it also reminds us, that Narita town exists. It’s not just the gateway to Tokyo.
- I don’t often venture from the comfort of a Hyatt or, dare I say, a Marriott, but reading this report from Dia, makes me think that I should definitely jump out of my comfort zone and visit Pigna. Time travel is awesome, afterall, and all I’ve done is time travel b/w Japan and LAX.
- A warning message on using American Expresses Medical Evacuation coverage. I buy my own travel medical coverage. I took Dia’s recommendation and haven’t looked back. I haven’t had to use it as of yet, but based on her experiences, I’m fairly comfortable, if the need were to arise.
- Etihad is no longer offering chauffeur service on American Awards. This is a huge hit, in my opinion (as I’ve leveraged the chauffeur service as much as 4 separate rides on a trip). Its not surprising, but it is quite unfortunate.
- Jeanne makes a great point in having a Lemon Law type policy for hotels, or, she could just stay at full up Hyatts like me (kidding!)
- Runway Girl Network reports on a revolutionary headrest that you can only (at the moment) find on Cathay Pacific’s A350.
- If you travel for work, and like Amazon gift cards (for free), take a quick 2 minute survey for Pizza in Motion.
Miles and Points:
- Joseph Schooling, who won gold for Singapore in the men’s 100 meter butterfly received 1 million KrisFlyer miles from Singapore. There have also been reports on Twitter that he’ll earn ~$753k too. Not too shabby!
- An interesting follow-up to P.F. Digest’s Ultamate Rewards post, and how others think of credit cards.
- Transfer FatWallet Cashback to Ebates – Get $10 more!
- Flying the Cycle: A Tale of Many Airport Lounges